Pages

Thursday 1 November 2012

8 Months

Dear Line,

You turned 8 months old today. Your father (the math whiz) wished you a "Happy 3/4s Birthday" this morning before I pointed out his math error. Her quickly revised and explained that his mathematical gifts only apply to numbers greater than one.


It's been an awesome month full of developments. You are on the move more than ever. Not only have you figured out crawling (as opposed to army crawling), you have started cruising too! Your crawl is really cute as you do a strange sweep with your right leg. I haven't captured it on film yet, but I should do it soon because you're going to be walking before we know it! 


You love, love, LOVE to stand up. You can pull yourself up on furniture, legs, and even a flat panel (like a closed door). You are amazingly good at sitting back down too which is a relief as it means you don't have too many tumbles. You will stand up and sit down over and over and smile like you're doing the best thing ever. You especially love standing up in the bath tub. One of my favorite new developments is that you've started raising your hands up to me when you want me to pick you up. It always makes my heart smile.

You've started making more noises. Sometimes its a yell, but more and more you're working on syllables. Most often it's "Baa Baa Baa". I wonder if it's because you hear me say "baby" so often. When you're upset you'll say "MaMaMaaa", but you aren't really associating it with me. Soon! 


You still think Daddy is the bee's knees. For the first time yesterday you got excited when you heard the key in the door at the end of the day. You then expectantly watched the door to see daddy come in. It was the sweetest. You boys play the "Grabby Game". It involves Daddy holding you over a toy and you picking it up. Then you go on Daddy's lap until you drop the toy. Then it starts all over again. The best way to play this game is with your stacking cups. You can take each cup off the tower one at a time without knocking down the tower. Your father is very proud. Stacking cups are your fav.


You're still eating really well. Sweet potatoes, pears, salmon, and tomatoes are your favorite. You had portabello mushrooms for the first time and loved them! Some days your just pick at your food, but others you eat so much that I can't believe it! You haven't consistently dropped any milk feeds yet, but I think it will happen before long.


You are such a sweet boy. You are an explorer, but also a cuddler. It's a great combination and one that I hope lasts. I'll be very sad when sitting on my (or Daddy's) lap isn't your preferred spot any more. You have such a shiny smile and your laugh is infectious. You're just the best. Not that I'm biased. Nope. Not at all.


I love you so much,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment