Pages

Tuesday 10 July 2012

Light and Tasty Summer Salad

I made this salad for dinner tonight.  Well technically I made it last night and then we ate it tonight.  The friend who recommended the recipe (as well as some of the comments on the webpage) indicated that it's actually better after sitting for a day, so I made it ahead.


I used Israeli Couscous instead of quinoa and added lemon zest and halved kalamata olives.  It was very yummy.  It tasted summery and fresh and lovely.  Ross was a fan and went back for more after his original helping.  (I have to introduce new kinds of food with caution, as he can be set in what he "likes" to eat.)

This dish was great because it was easy to throw together, with almost no cooking- only the couscous!  It was really nice to know I just needed to pull it out of the fridge at dinner time.  I served with a crusty bread and a green salad.  Easy peasy.  I could definitely see this at a picnic, cookout or covered dish.  

What are your favorite easy summer recipes?


No comments:

Post a Comment