Pages

Thursday 24 November 2011

Obligatory Thanksgiving Post

I'm missing Thanksgiving, but I'm still going to keep the spirit of the holiday alive by telling you some things that I'm thankful for this year.

1.  Ross.  I don't know if you can tell, but I like totally puffy heart lurve my husband in a ridiculous way.  He's sweet and funny and smart and all mine.

It took every ounce of his self-control not to buy this hat.

2.  Our son.  I haven't even met him yet and I adore him.  I'm so thankful to get to be his mom and to have a little family with my two favourite guys.  


3.  My Family.  The rest of my family is pretty awesome-sauce too.  They're so supportive and have made me the person I am.


I'm of course grateful for other things, but those are the biggies.  Sort of lame, I know, but really what else can a girl ask for?  So tonight, as Ross and I eat our Thanksgiving dinner of tuna (What?! It starts with the same 2 letters... that counts... right?) and key lime pie (It was part of the "Dine in for £10" deal at M&S), I'll gaze across the table at my present family.  I'll be thankful every time the baby kicks and think about our future family.  I'll probably shed a tear as I skype with my past family in San Antonio.  

Lookie there!  I didn't even plan that!  Past, present, and future.  That's just about everything, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. When I was in England, my friends made me a Thanksgiving dinner that consisted of roast chicken and apple pie with custard and then asked me when the Thanksgiving presents were given. In many ways, it's one of my most fondly remembered Thanksgivings on record.

    ReplyDelete