Pages

Wednesday 11 May 2011

WFW: Engagement Pictures

I took selecting our photographer pretty seriously.  I knew that beautiful, photo-journalistic style pictures were a high priority for us.  Most importantly, we wanted a photographer that we felt good about.  Not just work-wise, but personality too.  We wanted someone who "got" us and was professional, fun, and unobtrusive.  After I met with Shari Hunt I was excited about her pictures and her prices.

After we spent a few hours with Shari at the Dallas Arboretum taking our engagement pictures, we knew we'd made the right choice.  She was awesome.  Ross claimed it was the most fun day ever.

Here are some of my favs.


And after a quick change of clothes in the back seat of my Honda Civic, we were back for more.  (One of the quirks of the Dallas Arboretum is that they don't allow you to change clothes inside.)

I can't recommend doing engagement pictures enough.  It was a great opportunity for us to get comfortable with Shari, as well as for her to get to know us a bit.  I think it helped to see what we were like together before the wedding.  She was an ace at capturing moments, rather than creating them.  The pictures really show us.  She would give directions like "do that again", "be sassy", "laugh at each other", "be cute together".  That really helped us relax and feel like ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment