Pages

Tuesday 26 July 2011

The Glee Project

I've been totally sucked in by yet another lame reality show.


I've always been a fan of Glee (though I've caught a few reruns recently and have been disappointed by how the eps hold up- apart from the musical numbers).  And I certainly love a cheesy competition-style reality show.

So when I saw ads a few weeks back for The Glee Project, I set up a series record.  We're a few weeks in and so far so good.  I've agreed with both eliminations so far and am intrigued to see what happens.  For my money that's a great start.  So far, my favourite contestant is Cameron.  He's a cool/nerdy hybrid guy that's got a great vibe.  


What surprises me most about it is that it's airing on Sky.  Glee airs on E4.  When I did a little internet research, I learned that it aired on Oxygen in America.  What's up with that?  
Why is this quality reality show that links to a phenomenally successful TV show being aired on a low-profile non-major network like Oxygen?   Why didn't Fox snap up this show?
Am I missing something?

No comments:

Post a Comment