Pages

Thursday 9 June 2011

Herb Crusted Haddock

I realized I haven't posted a recipe in a while.  My mom says I've gotten lazy about posting conversions from British-style to American-style recipe so I'm going to get back in the saddle.  Just for you.  Because I'm nice.

Preheat the oven to 220C/425F.

In a small bowl, combine 1.5 tbsp of mayonnaise and 1 crushed garlic clove.


 Oil a baking tray.


Make 100g/4oz of white bread crumbs.  I just tore up a few pieces of white bread and put them in the food processor until they were crumbified.



Put the breadcrumbs in another small bowl.  Mix in the zest of half a lemon.


Juice that half of the lemon.


Mix the juice with the bread crumbs and zest.  Roughly chop a handful of fresh parsley and mix it in too.


Put 2 haddock fillets on the baking tray, along with a handful of cherry tomatoes.  Spread the mayo and garlic on top of the fillets.


Press the breadcrumb mixture onto the fillets.


Drizzle some olive oil over the top of the whole thing.


Cook it for 15 minutes until the crust is golden.


Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I'm in trouble... not only am I an extremely picky eater... I never have, nor will I ever eat any form of fish, seafood, shellfish, or any form of swimming creature. Vernon on the other hand loves fish... I wont cook it, nor do I like to smell it or look at it. I feel like that is going to be a problem for him, but he said he'd be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I guess my recipes won't be much use to you... except for the sweets. :)

    ReplyDelete