Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Meg in Hats

So, I'm going to introduce you to a side project of mine and Ross'.


My current favourite, in TK Maxx

So, as you may have gathered, Ross and I are major nerds.  
This blog is pretty self-explanatory.  It's pictures of me.  In hats.

Kilgore tartan in Oxford

This started as a Facebook album, but a blog can be shared with the entire world.  And obviously, the entire world needs to see pictures of me in hats...

Ghetto-fabulous in a pound store

I've always enjoyed trying on hats in stores.  If there is a hat rack, I'll find my way over to it and try on a few select chapeaus.  I was engaging in the activity one day and asked Ross if my chosen head covering was cute.  His response was a resounding "No."  When I expressed disbelief, he took a picture of me in the hat so I could see how right he was.  

Crazy eyes in a cowboy hat at ASDA

Thus began "Meg in Hats".  Now, whenever we see a worthy hat out and about, Ross snaps my pic and uploads it to his Facebook album.  We're gradually sharing the fun with our new blog project.  One of my proudest moments was when my best friend from college uploaded a picture of herself in a fabulous Kentucky Derby-esque hat- inspired by me.

My own Kentucky Derby-style in M&S

So what about you?
Do you like to try on hats, or am I alone here?
Or do you have some other odd, but satisfying hobby?

7 comments:

  1. I feel it is just wrong that I the thought that we should start a poll for time until lice with trying on hats found here and there. My mind is officially twisted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I've been good so far. I try to refrain from borrowing headgear from hobos so I think that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that the tartan flat cap is rather fetching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I've actually had that one for years. It's my mom's side of the family's tartan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like hats and own a few, but I never have the guts to actually wear them! I was made fun of for wearing hats in middle school, and I think it traumatized me for life. :\

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come on Brenda! Be bold! :) That said, I certainly wear more hats now that I've moved to a cooler and wetter climate. It's also part of the fun of this hobby that I try on hats that are super-fabulous, but I have no reason to own or wear in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wear baseball caps when i'm having a bad hair day. I don't like the way I look in hats. I love the black fancy hat on you!!!

    ReplyDelete